Unlocking bootloader in Xiaomi Mi A1 made easy and we have written a thorough guide on how to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1 Android smartphone. After reading this article, you will be able to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1. For some reason, I don’t prefer you to unlock bootloader because you might end up voiding your Xiaomi Mi A1’s warranty.
You can only be able to install TWRP, custom ROM or flashing rooting zip when your smartphone’s bootloader is unlocked. That’s the main reason people unlock bootloader not worrying too much about the warranty is that they are going to get a newer version of their Android smartphones.
So, here you can get the complete guide to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1 Android phone. You can use this guide only on Xiaomi Mi A1 no other Xiaomi smartphone but if you have different Xiaomi phone, then you should try installing WinDroid Toolkit.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1
We have been working hard to provide 100% working guides about Android and I will show you how to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Make sure your phone is charged up to 70%
- USB cable
- Take necessary Android backup
- USB drivers installed on your computer
- USB Debugging should be enabled (To enable USB debugging)
If you have already unlocked bootloader in any other device previously, then this will fun task for you. However, make sure you read each single step don’t get overwhelmed when I said you are a genius and you can unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1 just like you did in your previous Android devices.
- Don’t try this unlocking bootloader tutorial on any other Xiaomi phone other than Xiaomi Mi A1
- Tutorial was first performed in Windows (But, Fastboot for Mac and Linux are also available with same commands)
- I repeat: Your Xiaomi phone’s warranty will be void by unlocking bootloader
Steps to unlock bootloader Xiaomi Mi A1
Download from the links below make sure you choose the right OS that you are using:
- Windows: Download Latest Platform Tools for Windows in .zip
- MacOS: DownloadLatest Platform Tools for Mac in .zip
- Linux: Download Latest Platform Tools for Linux in .zip
Once, you download your package of fastboot, extract it anywhere on your computer.
- Power off your Xiaomi Mi A1
- Connect your phone with computer while holding Volume Down key
- Your phone should enter inc
Once you are in fastboot mode, go to the directory where ADB / Fastboot is installed (extracted) on your computer.
For Windows: In the directory, open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
For Mac and Linux: Use Terminal to navigate to the ADB / Fastboot directory.
When you write the following ADB command in the command prompt and press Enter, this will unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1.
fastboot oem unlock
After the process is complete, run the following command:
Congrats, you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1.
NOTE: You should understand one thing that your smartphone warranty will be void on unlocking bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi A1. Read the disclaimer and don’t skip steps.