Hi there, iPhone users today I’m going to tell you a secret. Are you tired of using your iPhone and computer both at a time or if you don’t wanna use your computer but still want access to it with your iPhone?
There are several methods for accessing your computer with an iPhone. Some methods could be costly, charging monthly/annual subscriptions. Luckily, there are two methods that also happen to be completely free for personal use. In both cases, you need to install a host app on your iPhone and a companion app on the computer you want to control.
Once you’re done following the instructions step by step, you will be able to control your computer remotely as if you’re sitting in front of it. Read the rest of the article and enjoy.
How to control your computer from your iPhone
In this method, you’re gonna need to install TeamViewer App on your iPhone. Basically, TeamViewer is a free app for personal use but offers a paid version for businesses. It was specially made to control computers or other devices. You can access to your computer, iPhone, Mac, tablet etc at any time on the go. It is compatible both on Windows and Mac.
Install TeamViewer app on your iPhone
- Open the App store and search for “TeamViewer”.
- Open its page and click on “Get” in order to download or install TeamViewer.
- Get yourself registered on TeamViewer, tap “New account”.
Once you’re done with registration, it’s time to go for companion app on your computer,
Install TeamViewer companion app on your computer
- Go to TeamViewer official site, using the computer you want to control.
- Select OS (Windows, Mac, Linux etc).
- Click on download and install it.
- Open TeamViewer and click “Computers and contacts” at the bottom of the Window.
- Right after that, a Pop-up Window will open.
- Type your registered email and password into the pop-up window. Click “Sign In”.
BONUS: You can create a personal password for each computer you want to control. You will be required to enter the password each time you attempt to control your computer. For this, go to Extras>> options>> Security.
NOTE: The companion app must be installed on all computer you want with your iPhone. Both apps work in tandem to control your computer securely.