Unlocking bootloader in Samsung J7 2017 made easy and you can simply enable developers mode where you can perform OEM unlock.
In this article, you will learn how to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 smartphone. You will be able to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 after you are done following this guide.
Bootloader is the heart of Android Rooting because bootloader allows you to install Custom ROMs in your Android device. As Custom ROM is not as the same as original OS (Stock ROM). And Custom ROM can cause your phone and already installed apps to stop working exactly how it should work.
Things you should remember while unlocking bootloader
Let me tell you that on unlocking the bootloader will void your phone's warranty. Weather it's an Official Firmware or Unofficial Firmware on unlocking the bootloader on your device, the phone manufacturer will not be able take any guarantee of your device to work properly.
The methods can be different for unlocking bootloader on Android smartphones depending on device manufacturer.
For some reasons, I don’t prefer you to unlocking bootloader because you might end up voiding your Samsung Galaxy J7 2017’s warranty. That’s the main reason people unlock bootloader not worrying too much about the warranty is that they are going to get a newer version of their Android smartphones.
You can use this guide only on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 no other Samsung smartphone but if you have different Samsung phone, then you should try installing WinDroid Toolkit.
- Make sure your phone is 80% charged (If you phone goes dead in the middle of the process, you might end up bricking up your device)
- USB cable
- Take necessary Android backup
- USB drivers installed on your computer
- Install Samsung Kies 3 (that’ll install necessary drivers)
Method #1: How to unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017
OEM Unlock in Samsung Galaxy J7 2017
Follow the steps:
- Go to Settings → Tap on Build number 7-8 times
- This will make developers options available inside Settings
- Now, if you have OEM unlock toggle available in your developers options then you are lucky because it depends on variants
- You can one-tab unlock bootloader (OEM unlock) on your Samsung smartphone
- Tapping over blue toggle sign will unlock bootloader not all Samsung smartphones will have it
Method #2: How to unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017
Follow the steps to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017:
- Enable USB Debugging under developer options
How to Enable USB Debugging on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017
To enable the USB Debugging, follow the steps:
Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 times then you will see message appeared on the screen i.e., "Developer option enabled"
From Settings -> Developer options -> Enable USB Debugging
- Download Modaco’s Superboot files (9 MB) (store them to your computer)
- Extract the .zip file on your computer
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 to your PC via USB cord
- Open extracted folder i.e., superboot folder
- Run fastboot-modaco-windows.exe inside it
- Now, select open command window here (Ctrl + R)
- For Windows: In the directory, open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt)
- For Mac and Linux: Use Terminal to navigate to the ADB / Fastboot directory
- In the command prompt, type the following and hit enter:
adb-windows reboot bootloader (and wait for the device to reboot)
After the device is rebooted run this command that will unlock oem unlock (unlock bootloader in Samsung Galaxy J7 2017):
fastboot-windows oem unlock
Congrats, you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017.
NOTE: You should understand one thing that your smartphone warranty will be void on unlocking bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy J7 2017. Read the disclaimer and don’t skip steps.