In this article, you will learn to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) and if you see Oem unlock option in developer options then you don’t have to follow the rest of the tutorial.
Unlocking bootloader in Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) made easy and you can simply enable developers mode where you can perform OEM unlock. In this article, you will learn how to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) smartphone. You will be able to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) after you are done following this guide.
For some reasons, I don’t prefer you to unlocking bootloader because you might end up voiding your Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017)’s warranty. That’s the main reason people unlock bootloader not worrying too much about the warranty is that they are going to get a newer version of their Android smartphones.
You can use this guide only on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) and don’t apply this to any other Samsung smartphone.
Recommended: You should try installing WinDroid Toolkit
Bootloader is the heart of Android Rooting because bootloader allows you to install Custom ROMs in your Android device. As Custom ROM is not as the same as original OS (Stock ROM). And Custom ROM can cause your phone and already installed apps to stop working exactly how it should work.
Things you should remember while unlocking bootloader
Let me tell you that on unlocking the bootloader will void your phone's warranty. Weather it's an Official Firmware or Unofficial Firmware on unlocking the bootloader on your device, the phone manufacturer will not be able take any guarantee of your device to work properly.
The methods can be different for unlocking bootloader on Android smartphones depending on device manufacturer.
- Make sure your phone is 80% charged (If you phone goes dead in the middle of the process, you might end up bricking up your device)
- USB cable
- Take necessary Android backup
- USB drivers installed on your computer
- Install Samsung Kies 3 (that’ll install necessary drivers)
How to unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017)
Follow the steps to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017):
- Enable USB Debugging under developer options
How to Enable USB Debugging on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017)
To enable the USB Debugging, follow the steps:
Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 times then you will see message appeared on the screen i.e., "Developer option enabled"
From Settings -> Developer options -> Enable USB Debugging
- Download Modaco’s Superboot files (9 MB) (store them to your computer)
- Extract the .zip file on your computer
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) to your PC via USB cord
- Open extracted folder i.e., superboot folder
- Run fastboot-modaco-windows.exe inside it
- Now, select open command window here (Ctrl + R)
- For Windows: In the directory, open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt)
- For Mac and Linux: Use Terminal to navigate to the ADB / Fastboot directory
- In the command prompt, type the following and hit enter:
adb-windows reboot bootloader (and wait for the device to reboot)
After the device is rebooted run this command that will unlock oem unlock (unlock bootloader in Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017)):
fastboot-windows oem unlock
Congrats, you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017).
NOTE: You should understand one thing that your smartphone warranty will be void on unlocking bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017). Read the disclaimer and don’t skip steps.