Now you can increase social shares of any of your blog post by locking an important area of your blog post content. You can lock a specific part of your blog post content and then simply display social media buttons over the hidden content and give people a reason why they need to click the social buttons because if they share your blog post on social media websites the hidden content will be visible to them whoever share that blog post on their social media profiles. Don’t worry, the search engines still can access the hidden content because the plugin is SEO friendly…
OnePress Social Locker
OnePress social Locker WordPress plugin let’s you lock an important part of the post content until a user clicks one of the social buttons (Tweet Button, Facebook Like, Google +1) and help you to get more likes/tweets/+1s, traffic and customers! Users will be able to understand what they should do if they want to unlock the content.
Users doesn’t click any social media buttons on your blog, once they get a reason why they should click on… Just display the reason in-front of them.
- You can set any URL that will be used to share via social media buttons
- Locked content can still available for search engine bots (Google, Bing, etc)
- The plugin comes with built-in analytics tools which will track how users interact with the lockers
- It remembers users who already unlocked your content (via local storage and cookies)
- Compatible in all major browsers
- Locks any type of content (text, videos, images, links, forms, etc) directly from post editor
How it Works?
Follow the steps below:
- All you need to do is to install OnePress Social Locker in your blog
- Go to Social Lockers from the admin panel
- Where you will see a short code ( ) which was created automatically on installing this plugin
- Now you can use the above short code to lock any content within your blog posts but if you want to target a specific URL to shared from your users just click the button Add Social Locker
On the next page give a suitable title to your new locker, add the URL that you want to share by your users and finally add the message that you want to display while the content is locked (Can be said the instructions to your users).
When created you can start using that locker by simply creating a new post, add some content and press Ctrl + a and click the split button from the post editor like:
That’s it… 🙂