Recently, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 received an OTA Update, that many people were thinking and expecting the update to be the Android KitKat 4.4, but unfortunately Samsung roll-out the Android Jelly Bean 4.3 OS update. In this way, we thought to write a brief tutorial about how to root Galaxy Note 2 on XXUEML2 Firmware Android 4.3.
You must read about what is Android Rooting?
Backup your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
To backup your contacts, you should sync them with your Gmail account. For your personal SMS messages backup use this way → SMS Backup and Restore. And for your call logs backup go with this → Call Log Backup and Restore.
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 on XXUEML2 Android 4.3 Official Firmware
So, let’s start rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on XXUEML2 official firmware. Simply, follow the steps below:
- In order to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100, we need to install the drivers of the Galaxy Note 2 in PC with the help of Samsung KIES or Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Now, once you installed the drivers in your PCs, then download the root package from here
- If you have downloaded the root package simply unzip the file on the desktop in your PC
- Here you need to download and install the Odin (Android Rooting) software in your computer
Now the Rooting Begins:
Remember: Make sure that your device is well charged. the battery level should be around 60-80% and more…
- Turn off your phone
- Enter Download Mode
- Well, to simply enter download mode in your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 by pressing on power, volume down and home buttons at the same time
- Launch the Odin on your PC, once launched
- Connect your Phablet with your PC via USB cord
- Now, Odin will make a connection between PC and your Phablet device
- Once your computer establishes the connection between your Phablet device, here Odin 3.09 will recognize your device
- Once everything went correct, Odin will display you “added” text message in the message section and the ID:COM Section will turn either yellow or blue
- Remember if Odin doesn’t recognize your device kindly abort the rooting operation
- Then, just re-follow the steps above and re-install the drivers on your computer for your device
- From Odin click on PDA and pick up the root package from desktop that we extract right above from the second step (CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar)
- Now, don’t make any other changes on the Odin program just click on Start button
- Wait while the root file is being flashed
- When completed, on Odin the Pass message will be displayed and the ID:COM section will turn green
- You are done.
Now, your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 have been rooted with the help of Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root tools. Now, you need to wait for the updating guide on XXUEML2 Android 4.3.