There has been a couple more issues about the /blog/ slug that is coming up on WordPress Multisite permalink structure. After setting up WordPress multisite blog, WordPress automatically adds /blog/ slug on your main WordPress site. In order to remove /blog/ slug from the WordPress multisite permalink, we got edit rules in the .htaccess file (How to Edit .htaccess file in WordPress?). But don’t worry, you don’t need to touch a couple of codes in .htaccess file.
Removing /blog/ slug from WordPress Multisite Permalink
It’s pretty simple to remove the /blog/ slug from WordPress multisite permalink. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Main Site > Settings > Permalink
- Set your site permalink to Default
- Now, go to Network Admin > Sites
- Click on Edit > Settings Tab
5. Find the word “Permalink” (by pressing Ctrl + F command) and if you have found the word Permalink you can see a blank field next to Permalink word. Just insert you custom permalink. Check out most SEO Friendly Permalink for WordPress.