Are you looking for a complete guide to downgrade OnePlus OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11(Android 12 to Android 11)? Then you are at the right place! Here in this article, we have enlisted the detailed steps to downgrade OnePlus devices from OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11 (Android 12 to Android 11).
OnePlus smartphones are known for their top chip available to Android devices, with smooth and fast processing but general inconsistencies in UI, specific bugs, and slowdown made the experiences unsatisfying for some users, and they want to downgrade from OxygenOS12 to OxygenOS11.
Most of the OnePlus 9 or OnePlus version 9 pro users aren’t satisfied after the update to Android 12(OxygenOS 12) owing to the implementation of weird features like a ColorOS-like interface, plenty of bugs, and stability issues.
Most OEMs release their first batch for tech enthusiasts, however, other updates are released in series. The users who want to try out these builds are more than welcome to do so, but they should remember that it is an early stage and a few bugs are imminent.
Since Pete Lau has left and OPPO has owned the OnePlus company, many users are bothered with the update of their OnePlus to Android 12(OxygenOS 12) and they wish to downgrade to Android 11(OxygenOS 11). With the release of beta builds, OnePlus is gathering no good reputation.
Downgrade OnePlus OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11 (Android 12 to Android 11)
In this guide, we will take a detailed look at how you can downgrade your OnePlus 9 or OnePlus version 9 Pro from OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11 (Android 12 to Android 11) with ease. The procedure of downgrading the OxygenOS 12 is based on some steps with some precautions.
Take a Backup
As mentioned above, downgrading OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11 is the latest upgrade and has many bugs so the first step is to avoid data loss. While Downgrading OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11, it seems that many users have lost their data. So make sure to perform a complete backup of your Android beforehand to save your device from data loss, as the downgrading process will factory reset your device.
Charge your device
Charge your device sufficiently before you start the downgrading process, so your device won’t shut down midway during the process.
Download OnePlus Android 12 to Android11 Rollback
The next step is to download the rollback firmware for your OnePlus 9 or OnePlus version 9 pro. Only the rollback firmware of Android 12 is available, so these are blessed with the latest flagships.
Make sure you don’t cross flash the firmware of other regions and download the firmware for your particular region only. Moreover, the installation of an additional APK is required for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
OnePlus 9/9 Pro running Oxygen OS 12.
- Download Downgrade Zip
iii. EuropeOnePlus 9 Pro
- Oxygen Updater apk (Remove .zip from the file name after downloading and then install the APK)
- Make sure the device has at least a 50% charge.
Steps to Downgrade OnePlus from Android12 to Android 11(OxygenOS12 to OxygenOS 11)
Downgrading OnePlus Android from OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11 includes some careful steps that are mentioned below:
- Let’s start the downgrading process, first, you have to download the rollback package for your device as mentioned earlier.
- Transfer the downloaded firmware to your device’s internal storage. Make sure you place the downloaded file outside of any folder.
- The firmware file should be in the .JAR extension. Rename the name and change its extension to .ZIP file, otherwise, your device won’t detect the downloaded zip file.
- Now install and download the rollback APK file on your device. (Install the file that correlates to the downloaded package)
- Now launch the OnePlus updater app and tap on the Settings icon located at the right top corner of the screen.
- Select the Local upgrade option and select the downloaded downgrade firmware package.
- Confirm the pop-up message of the data wipe warning.
- Wait for the installation of the rollback firmware file.
- Once the installation is complete, tap on the reboot button to restart the system.
- Here you go! Your OnePlus device is downgraded to Android 11( OxygenOS 11) skin.
Have you not received the OxygenOS 12 update on your OnePlus 9/9 pro yet?
Many users have not even been given the OxygenOS 12 update on their OnePlus 9/9 Pro yet. But you need not worry at all, in view of the fact that it can come off due to complications. The company will re-release the update in batches and series after resolving the matter in question.
Is there any way to downgrade OxygenOS 12 on your OnePlus 9/9 pro without data loss?
Losing data while downgrading the OxygenOS 12 is a major drawback that has been faced by many users. So the question arises, is there any way to downgrade OxygenOS 12 without data loss? Unfortunately, the answer is No, users cannot downgrade the Android version without losing data because a data wipe is compulsory to avoid problems after downgrading the device.
Many OnePlus 9/9 pro users are facing bugs and stability issues after the Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) update, and this issue might persist until the stable build is out. So they want to downgrade their OnePlus version 9 or 9 pro from OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11. So above in this article, we have mentioned a complete guide for the down gradation process with ease.