As WordPress 3.5.2 has been released and available to use. But this is the second maintenance release of WordPress 3.5 version, and still WordPress experts are working on 12 bugs and these 12 bugs should be fixed.
This is a security release for all previous versions and we strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.
As WordPress security team have already solved 7 security issues, and this release also contains some additional security hardening. What WordPress Says:
The security fixes included
- Blocking server-side request forgery attacks, which could potentially enable an attacker to gain access to a site.
- Disallow contributors from improperly publishing posts, reported by Konstantin Kovshenin, or reassigning the post’s authorship, reported by Luke Bryan.
- An update to the SWFUpload external library to fix cross-site scripting vulnerabilities. Reported by mala and Szymon Gruszecki.
- Prevention of a denial of service attack, affecting sites using password-protected posts.
- An update to an external TinyMCE library to fix a cross-site scripting vulnerability. Reported by Wan Ikram.
- Multiple fixes for cross-site scripting. Reported by Andrea Santese and Rodrigo.
- Avoid disclosing a full file path when an upload fails. Reported by Jakub Galczyk.
~ Via WordPress