Importing data in WordPress blog from another blog (may powered by Blogger, Tumblr, Typepad, etc.) sometimes come in the way of blogging, once I myself used the same way to import my Blogger blog posts into my WordPress blog. It comes rarely not each an every day like dinner or breakfast, however it’s like birthday parties which comes rarely.
Importing Data From WordPress to WordPress
It’s pretty simple to import data in WordPress blog from another WP blog. Rather than copying posts one by one use WordPress importer plugin to import so…
- Install, and activate the plugin WordPress importer in the blog you want import the data of other one
- Download the export file WXR (.xml), go to Tools > Export from the blog you want to be imported in the other
- Go to Tools > Import, and click on WordPress
- Now, import that WXR (.xml) file on the landing page and click the button upload file and import
Importing Data From Blogger to WordPress
Blogger Importer actually a WordPress plugin which imports your overall blogger blog data into a WordPress.org installation. Items to imported from Blogger to WordPress are
- Posts (published, scheduled and draft) and
- Comments (not spam) also see what won’t imported
- Images however the images will appear in your blog but they linked with the previous blogspot piccasa web location not from your host.
- Install, and activate the plugin Blogger importer in your WordPress blog
- Go to Tools > Import, and click on Blogger
- Click Authorize button and secondly click the Grant Access on the next page
Importing Data From LiveJournal to WordPress
LiveJournal importer plugin imports the data of of your livejournal blog into your WordPress core installations and can import posts and comments.
- Install, and activate the plugin LiveJournal Importer in your WordPress blog
- Go to Tools > Import, and click on LiveJournal
- Insert the Login information into the given form and click the button connect to LiveJournal and import
Importing Data From Tumblr to WordPress
Tumblr importer wp plugin import the data from Tumblr blog into WordPress it can import:
- Will not create import duplicate posts
- Imports posts, drafts, and pages
- Media Side loading (for audio, video, and image posts)
- Install, and activate the plugin Tumblr Importer in your WordPress blog
- Go to Tools > Import, and click on Tumblr
- Insert the Login information into the given form and click the button connect to Tumblr
Importing Data From Movable or TypePad to WordPress
Import posts and comments from a Movable Type or TypePad blog.
- Install, and activate the plugin MovableType or Typad Importer in your WordPress blog
- Go to Tools > Import, and click on MovableType or Typad
- Upload the exported file of Typad into WordPress
That’s how we import the data from different blogging platform into WordPress so easily just by installing and activate plugins. Thank you for Reading.